Purpose: The Board on Technical Knowledge Dissemination was (BTKD) was founded to guide the technical knowledge dissemination activities of the Knowledge and Community (K&C) Sector.
Responsibilities: BTKD reports to the Technical Communities Operation Board (TCOB) and oversees, coordinates, and guides five Committees.
Strategic Planning Committee (SPC)
- Coordinates with various BTKD related units (divisions, groups, committees) on strategic analysis and provides recommendations on strategic guidelines through BTKD, and
- Assists socialization and communication among technical divisions, technical groups, and BTKD managed committees to formulate successful and efficient strategic guidance,
- Emphasizes the multidisciplinary, inter-division emerging technology topics.
Conference Planning Committee (CPC)
- Approves budgets, dates, and business/project plans for proposed conferences
- Assures compliance with the ASME conference calendar
- Assures compliance with ASME Event Policy – P.12.1
- Approves conference publication strategy (proceedings, print-on-demand, etc.)
- Supports and mentors conference organizers
- Provides conference planning training as needed
Technical Committee on Publications and Communications (TCPC)
- Approves editors and associate editors, approves journal pages, approves new journals
- Implements strategies to increase quality and impact
- Advises journals operating budgets
- Approves copyright process
- Creates modes of readily available technical information
Congress Steering Committee (CSC)
- Responsible for high-level logistics for the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) (location, duration, budget, operational guidelines) to satisfy K&C objectives
- Oversees Congress Technical Program Committee
Interdisciplinary Councils Committee (ICC)
- Sponsors timely cross-disciplinary activities/products to foster collaboration among ASME Technical Groups/Divisions and provides institutional agility to respond quickly to new strategic opportunities.
- Establishes and incubates new interdisciplinary councils recommended by SPC/BTKD. Fosters development of their products and services with an eye towards establishing ASME as the lead society in these new topical areas.
- Periodically assesses performance of interdisciplinary councils and makes recommendations for their future direction.
Other responsibilities include providing to TCOB the 5 committee products/responsibilities, acting as a TCOB representative to ASME as a whole, with respect to technical knowledge dissemination, overseeing pertinent information flow and coordination within TCOB Committees/Boards, and within BTKD committees, and providing annual reports to the TCOB on Committee performance.
BTKD collaborates with other areas of ASME including Institutes, Training & Development, SMG, Programs & Activities best practices entities, Global sector for Section conferences, publications.
Chair: Hornsen (HS) Tzou, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chair: Hamid Hamidzadeh, email@example.com (and Conference Planning Committee (CPC) Chair)
- Muhammad Rahman, firstname.lastname@example.org (Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) Chair)
- Jen-Yuan (James) Chang, email@example.com (Strategic Planning Committe (SPC) Vice-Chair)
- Hamid Hamidzadeh, firstname.lastname@example.org (Conference Planning Committee (CPC) Chair)
- Chinh Bui, email@example.com, (Interdisciplinary Councils Committee, (ICC) Chair)
- Vikas Prakash, firstname.lastname@example.org (CPC Vice-Chair and Interdisciplinary Councils Committee (ICC) Vice-Chair)
- Shiv Kapoor, email@example.com (Publications and Communications Committee (TCPC) Chair)
- Dennis Siginer, firstname.lastname@example.org (TCPC Vice-Chair)
- Pradeep Lall, email@example.com (Congress Steering Committee (CSC) Chair)
- Julie Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org (Congress Steering Committee (CSC) Vice-Chair)
ASME Support Staff: